Strong nails are healthy and beautiful nails, and we all know how important it is to have them just like that! We give you some tips on how to strengthen your nails - it's easier than you think!
Strong nails are healthy, beautiful nails, and we all know how important it is to have them just like that!
It happens that nails, exposed to chemicals, but also due to regular hand washing and aging, become weak and brittle.
We are here to help. We give you some tips on how you can keep your nails in great condition. Here we go!
5 tips to strengthen your nails
Weak nails are susceptible to breaking and damage, which always causes discomfort - not to mention the fact that they don't look the best. But don't worry! If you want to strengthen your nails, there are many things you can do for them. What's more, it's simpler than you think.
- Use hand cream regularly - it will help you keep your nails properly moisturized and therefore prevent them from becoming brittle.
- Even more important than hand cream is cuticle oil - regular, daily use of cuticle cream will support both the cuticles and the nail matrix, i.e. the place from which the nail grows. Thanks to the beneficial effects of the oil, it will be healthy and strong.
- Wear gloves when cleaning and doing household chores. This way you will protect your nails against harmful chemicals and detergents.
- Take care of your diet - make sure you provide your body with enough biotin (vit.H). It is a water-soluble vitamin that helps form strong nails. Biotin can be found in egg yolks, nuts and seeds. Enjoy your meal!
- Improper removal of nail polish may damage the nail plate. So be careful and don't be tempted to scratch or peel off the varnish. This way, you risk tearing off the varnish along with the layers of the natural nail, which will make the nail plate thin and weak. Set aside a few minutes to properly carry out the process of removing nail polish.
We wholeheartedly recommend using Mylee 5 in 1 Builder Gel . It will provide you with a strong base, prevent nail damage and build an "overlay" on your natural nails. The thicker the nail, the lower the risk of it breaking or crumbling. What is also important, our building gel, like all other Mylee products, is vegan, cruelty-free and does not contain harmful chemical additives such as HEMA.
These easy-to-follow tips will keep your nails strong and healthy . Nails in good condition are the basis for a flawless manicure. Trust Mylee, the No. 1 brand from London!
How to strengthen weak nails
If your nails are very weak, the first step in caring for them will be to improve their condition. A good idea to protect your nails and enable them to grow healthily is to perform a hybrid manicure. Thanks to this, your nails will have effective protection and... they will look great!
It is also important that you avoid over-wetting your nails. When nails are wet, they become weaker. Wet nails are most susceptible to breaking and cracking. If you have to wet your hands, try to wear gloves.
Keeping your nails properly moisturized will also help them grow healthily. Regular use of hand cream and cuticle oil supports the condition of nails. You can successfully use them both when you have a hybrid nail design and on a nail plate not covered with any varnish.
How to remove a hybrid
- Polish your nails with a file or a polishing block to remove the top layer of the manicure. You need to do this carefully so that the remover can penetrate the nail polish and dissolve it, but be careful not to damage the nail while doing so.
- Soak a cotton pad with Mylee Gel Remover and place it on the nail, securing it with foil.
- Leave it to soak for 10-15 minutes and then remove the foil with a tissue in a firm movement.
- Remove any remaining varnish using a varnish scraper or wooden cuticle sticks.
- If there is still some polish left on the nail, re-buff and re-roll the nail.
- After removing all the product from your nails, wash your hands thoroughly and apply hand cream and cuticle oil.
The process of removing hybrid varnish may have a very drying effect on the nails. Remember to moisturize them with hand cream and cuticle oil.
Tip: Do not apply hand cream or cuticle oil if you intend to immediately apply a new hybrid styling. Do this only after applying a new manicure. Hand cream and olive oil would prevent the nail polish from adhering well to the nails and could peel off the nail plate.
Recommended nail strengthening products
Using nail strengthening products is a great way to improve your nail health. They make nails resistant to damage and therefore constitute a great base for manicure.
Mylee Nail Treatment Nail Serum - The nail nourishing serum was created to help nails grow long and healthy.
The serum will not repair already damaged nails, but it will make newly growing nails strong and healthy. You can use this product as part of your daily care or as an intensive nutritional treatment.
- Stimulates growth
How to use Mylee Nail Treatment Serum
Using a brush, apply the serum to your nails and then use your fingertips to massage the serum into your nails. You can apply the serum on the natural nail plate or after a manicure, but not before! Don't worry about excess serum on your nails - let it absorb.
Mylee 5 in 1 Builder Gel
5 in 1 Builder Gel is an extremely versatile product. It can be used both as a base and a top, to strengthen the natural nail plate or to extend nails using paper forms. It is also useful for sealing manicure decorations.
- Adds strength to natural nails
- Strengthens and lengthens nails
- Great for sealing nail art
How to use 5 in 1 Builder Gel
5 in 1 Builder Gel has a wide range of applications; however, the general principles of application are always the same. Apply the building gel to your nails in the same way as you apply varnish, and then cure it under an LED or UV lamp. Then use a nail file to shape your nails into the desired shape. To additionally strengthen your nails, you can apply more layers of building gel on them.